Innovation Day Reflection

A couple weeks ago was innovation day! I worked on a project with a friend of mine, Sasha. Our question was “ Can wet soil conduct electricity – enough to light up a light bulb?” We used the scientific method which meant that we had to have a question, hypothesis, materials, procedure, results, analysis and conclusion. Even though we had done so much research I was still worried about the potential failure of the experiment. Don’t get me wrong, I know that tons of science experiments fail but we really really wanted to succeed seeing as we had put in so much time and effort not to mention we changed our project 3 times! For this project we had two weeks to complete it but, in the middle we both got sick and had to stay home for a couple days (at different times). That really cut down on our time. That is when we started to really panic. In the end our project worked great! We were so happy and relieved. This project taught us so many skills! For example how to use a multimeter and how to test the purity of water. Something that surprised us during our experiment was how well some other materials that we tried ( like saltwater) actually worked! It was shocking to see these other materials complete the circuit so well. If we had to do this projet again we would test even more substances and objects, not just the four that we chose. 

Overall this project was amazing! We had so much fun and we learned so much! We ended up winning second place with our project!

Thanks For Reading

Mia